Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Carleton University's Butterfly Show 2010

  
Last week I got a chance to visit Carleton University's annual Butterfly Exhibit and I was amazed by how many butterflies there were dancing all around me. There were so many different shapes, sizes and colours that it was a blast to try and photograph each one. They were quite difficult to shoot because they do not stay very still for long, and I guess all the little kids running around trying to catch them dident help, but it did make it more fun! I ended up using my Canon 70-200mm with a 2X teleconverter most of the time, which helped me stay back far enough to not scare them away, yet give me the zoom power to get some tight shots. Here are a few of my favourites. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!