Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Is It Photography?

  
I grew up in the age of gamers. There was always a video gaming system of some kind in my house, and when I had some free time to kill I spent a lot of it playing one game or another. Driving games were always one of my favourites, and when driving simulators came around they were always more fun due to the realism. I guess that's the main reason why a while ago I splurged and picked up a new game called Gran Turismo 5 for the PlayStation 3. I figured some ME time just driving around some fancy cars would be relaxing, and it sure is. What is even better is that I recently noticed this game has something even more dear to my heart built right in. Photography! That's right, with a click of a button you can pull out a camera, move around, compose your shot, adjust all the necessary settings (full manual control!) and shoot some purely digital shots. So I ask you, would you consider this photography? Or is it Art? Or is it just gaming? I like to think of it as a form of Completely Digital Photography, because not only do you get digital photos, with a digital camera, but the subject matter is even created digitally. I guess it's a mix of photography meeting art mixed in with some CGI. All I know is that it's quite fun, and gives me a way to play with more photography, even when it's cold outside!
Check out some of the "photos" I got with the completely digital photography system built into this fun game, and leave me a comment if you think this is, or isn't, "Photography".














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!