Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Photo A Day, and Contest

  
It has been a while since I have put up a new shot for the Photo A Day project. Things will change starting today! The Photo A Day project will resume today, as I am beginning to have a bit more time on my hands. So keep an eye out for new shots daily!

On another note, I wanted to begin a new contest for everyone to get involved. Do you think you have what it takes to capture a beautiful moment? Did you get a shot that you really enjoy, or that is just so strange you just want to share it? Send it to me at fernmatias@gmail.com and I will showcase the best three shots every week (or monthly depending on how many entries I get). All creative commons copyright licensing will remain the property of the person who took the photo, I just ask that you give me permission to display it here on my blog if you win. The rules to this contest are that YOU take the photo yourself (no stealing other peoples work please!), and please only send in one photo per day. The photo itself can be of absolutely anything: landscape, portrait, abstract, etc. Submitted photo size should be at least 1024x768 resolution please. Photoshop "adjustments" are allowed, but if you do please try to explain what you did when you submit it. The contest opens as of right now, and will go on until further notice. Unfortunately I cannot actually provide anything to the winners, other than showcasing their work here on the blog, however depending on how successful this contest becomes this could change. So get your pictures in, and Enjoy Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!