Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

September Contest Winner

  
First of all, let me thank everyone who participated in this contest. I got some really great shots with a wide variety of subjects, and it was difficult to choose the winner. There was however one shot that stood out above the rest and has won this past months contest! It was submitted by Giuseppe Federico, and is entitled Boat And Sunset.


I decided on this shot as our winner because of the wonderful composition and colours. The horizon being placed on the bottom horizontal thirds of the shot, with the sunset and boat on opposite vertical thirds follows the rule of thirds very nicely and makes for a clean shot. The exposure looks spot on, with a well defined and exposed sunset, and pleasing reflection off the water. Congrats Giuseppe, and enjoy your prize!

Our very close runner up was submitted by Kumara Yagambrum. It shows how filling the frame with your shot reduces distractions and gets you into your subject. It too was well composed and fairly sharp, however the colours seemed a tad off, probably due to the interference obtained from the glass and water, and also possibly due to the use of flash. It is still a wonderful shot and deserves credit. Keep it up!

I hope you all enjoyed the contest, and keep an eye out for the possibility of another contest coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!