Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Got A New Camera? Want To Learn How To Use It?

  
Did you get a new camera these past holidays? Maybe as a gift, or maybe you went out and got a great deal on boxing day! Either way I am sure you have been excited to take it out and shoot away as often as you can, capturing memories that will last forever. The photography bug is an easy one to catch, and the only way to relieve the itch is by learning as much as you can to better your shots. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned veteran, there is always something you can learn about your camera, or a new technique to explore. A great and informative website that I enjoy contributing to is Digital Photography School. There is a multitude of information on their main website, and even more if you are ready to jump into their forum section. If you are fairly new to photography and/or cameras I would suggest the following compilation as a good place to start: 21 Settings, Techniques and Rules All New Camera Owners Should Know. It's a great collection of useful beginner, intermediate, and experienced information all in one handy link.
Some of the information there can be a bit daunting at first for a beginner. If you prefer I also offer one-on-one photography courses where you can learn whatever is most important to you with hands on instruction. Classes are tailor built to your own photography needs and can range anywhere from complete beginner (Point & Shoot cameras, SLR cameras, Camera settings, Get out of Auto mode) to more involved and experienced photography (Studio gear, Flash photography, HDR, Photoshop tips and tricks). If you are interested, send me an email (fernmatias@gmail.com) to get more info. I can get you on your way to becoming comfortable shooting outside of Auto mode, and moving toward making your shots amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!