Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day 2011 - Fireworks

  
I wanted to get a different angle on the fireworks this year for Canada Day, so when my friend Jeff mentioned the corktown bridge as a possible location I thought it would work perfectly. It has a great view of the Rideau Canal, the Peace Tower, and Chateau Laurier. It did turn out to be a good spot for the fireworks, except for a few little issues. Normally they fire off the fireworks as far west as they can so that they explode over the water and behind the Parliament, however there was a fair bit of wind from the west keeping the fireworks from getting out from behind the building on the right side of my shot. Another issue is that a pedestrian bridge is probably not the best location for long exposures. The bridge was packed full of people and as the group would move, so too would the bridge. Even with my tripod many of my shots were too shaky to use since the bridge itself was bouncing up and down. Well, lesson learned. It was a great spot indeed, but other factors kept it from being the perfect spot.
Here are some of the shots I got that did turn out great. Enjoy!








1 comment:

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!