Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Monday, January 16, 2012

200 Gallon Salt Water Reef Tank in HD - Video

  
I took a few videos of this very nice 200 gallon salt water reef tank a little while ago, and I finally got around to editing them together to create a montage. Video quality is quite decent this time around since I used a tripod most of the time. What did not help is that my daughter liked to shake the tripod now and then while I was filming! I should also really invest in a nice fluid movement head for the tripod when shooting video, since the head I was using is somewhat jerky when panning. Lighting was pretty good because he has an equivalent of 800W of metal halide lights pumping out of his 120 mixed LED light source. The only issue with lighting is the blue (night) lights cast a very strange purple colour on reflective/luminescent objects. Nevertheless, the video still looks great, to me. Make sure to watch it in full 1080p HD glory for the best image quality.



Exif Data
Camera: Canon 5D mkII
Lenses: Canon 24-105 f4 IS L USM, Canon 50 f1.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!